News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

VS.NET 2005

Started by OgeGOon, December 02, 2006, 09:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgeGOon

I was curious about the code; So, I downloaded your sources.

I did an automatic upgrade from VS.Net 2003 to VS.Net 2005 (As I only have this IDE).
But, even if the upgrade was successful, the project did not compile because of various small errors (mainly convertions from a type to another)

The two most surprising errors are in the Copy Handler project itself:
Error   33   error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int   file:g:\downloads firefox\source copy handler\ch-src\modules\app framework\af_defs.h   26   

Error   34   error BK1506 : cannot open file '.\Debug\AppHelper.sbr': No such file or directory   file:BSCMAKE   

This is only for your information as I do not intend to make it compiles (for the moment ;) )

O.
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."  --  Dalai Lama

Ixen

Hi,
I don't have a VS .NET 2005, so I don't know exactly what changes has been made in it. Currently CH is being prepared in VS .NET 2003 (at least the development versions) and the previous ones were in Visual Studio 6.0. Building a project in any other IDE would result in such errors :)
I would recommend however to build the development versions, since they were a bit cleaned up so it should be easier (but not easy) to build.

BTW. I am quite curious if there is even a single person in this world (beside me) who has successfully built CH from scratch ;D And how many are there that at least tried  ;)

OgeGOon

Well, I took the developement version, actually  :-\

If you also want to try to build CH with VS.Net 2005, I suggest you to download the free Express version : http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

Regards ;)

O.

"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."  --  Dalai Lama

Ixen

It won't work on Express version :)
CH uses MFC libraries that are not included in the express version (most probably with many other important things). Maybe somewhere in the far future users of CH would sponsor such an environment (LOL) or I will switch the project to a plain win32 project :)

mdbbe

I have tried to build it, ... but failed. :(

It's really too bad, I really would like to help improve this almost perfect program!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk