News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

IDE

Started by mdbbe, October 25, 2006, 09:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdbbe

In what IDE should I open the source without having to convert/change any code? I would like to add some features.

Regards,

mdbbe

Ixen

Hi,
It really depends which version do you want to open. Up to official ones - in Visual C++ 6.0, later versions (development ones - in Visual C++ .NET 2003).
Hope it helps.

mdbbe

Bear with me, I've never used the 2003 version of VS (skipped that one) and my knowledge of C++ is limited (I do know a whole lot of other languages, so I'm confident I will get the hang of it soon).

I just need to get it to build, then I can start to experiment.

I've installed 2003 and opened your solution.
I've tried to build. I received the error: d:\...\ch-src\Copy Handler\Structs.h(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'log.h': No such file or directory
The file is in the libicpf-src which the sites states is necessary to build. But how do I 'include' that project? Do I have to place it in my solution or something?

Tnx

Ixen

To be honest - I don't remember which version of ch (development) I have placed on site, but it could be quite an old one. In my version everything build out of the box. You must have an old one...please tell me,when you load the copy handler's solution - does the class view display libicpf library ?

mdbbe

no, it doesn't

It shows Copy Handler and CopyHandlerShellExt

Ixen

I thought so. You have the version of CH before I made some order in it. I have projects: ch, chext and libicpf loaded at once. It means you will have to wait until my version will build successfully (I am in the middle of making changes in the code). Unless you want the code that does not work at the moment  ;D

mdbbe

lol, no thanks, i'll have a hard enough time as it is ... ;)

just reply in this topic when you're ready, i'm automatically notified when someone post something

gz

mdbbe

Still no source available?  ???

Ixen

Sorry for not replying in time. I am waiting for a new Visual Studio to build the newer version under it and release it. There are not too many changes in it, but source should be available soon. If you want to get it a bit faster - e-mail me and I'll send you a copy.

Ixen

I have just released a new version of CH with the newest sources - it should build without any problems with visual c++ 2008. Older solution/project files are outdated.

mdbbe

Great! I'll have a swing at it this week!

If I'm able to produce something useful, I'll let you know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk