News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

vista alternative explorer + copy handler

Started by BramVdS, May 07, 2009, 07:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BramVdS

Hi,

I'm using copy handler for a few years, and it's one of the best tools ever made imho :)
However, this week I made the mistake by switching to Vista... and since the file explorer from vista is (how to put this nicely...) a piece of xxxxx
I'm looking for a decent alternative, currently I'm using 'XYplorer' (and I'm quite liking it) but unfortunately it doesn't seem to support copy handler (as it is still using the vista copy utility when trying to copy files).
I'm aware that it's next to impossible to support all these kinds of tools, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a good alternative file explorer utility that works with copy handler (or how to make xyplorer work with copy handler).

Thnx in advance.
B

Ixen

Hello,
I am afraid that for now only explorer works with Copy Handler, unless someone made his tool behave exactly like explorer in regards to shell extensions. Most probably integration would require some cooperation between developers who write the software.
Maybe in the future some kind of library will come up which will allow interfacing with Copy Handler - it depends on the amount of my free time I can spend on the project.
Please enter this request to the sourceforge.net feature request tracker.

Ixen

theaadityasinghania

Great job highlighting the pros of this software. Just like CopyHandler and other software that I've tried, they worked fine until recently when there were errors/crashes when I was copying large files. I had no choice but to do the process over again. I browsed several forums and tried suggestions and there was one suggestion that I highly recommend myself which is GS RichCopy 360. It is worth giving a try. Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk