CH 1.31b-svn152 crashes on file move (Server2003 32-bit)

Started by ornwilson, May 16, 2008, 04:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ornwilson

Hi again,
CopyHandler has crashed several times when trying to copy or move files from a SATA or USB MBR disk to a GUID partition or from GUID to GUID.  It seems not to happen within a disk, but only between disks.

The only way I can stop it from crashing when I restart CH is to pause the current operation, then cancel it (it always tries to resume, no matter what I set in the 'options'). 

Is there a way to force CH to not resume a job that was in progress when it crashed?  uninstalling and reinstalling does not help 
----  nevermind, I figured it out: deleta ll files except ch.ini from: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Copy Handler\Tasks  ----

Any ideas?

5 dump files attached

Ixen

Hello,
I have checked the dump files you have provided and to be able to do something with it I would like to ask you to provide the task files that were causing the crash at every restart. Without them I can only guess the reason CH behaves like this.

Ixen

ornwilson

OK,
Sometime this week I will replicate the problem and send you the new dump files as well as the associated task files. 

-orn

ornwilson

Here are the latest dump, task and ini files. 

This is on an operation to copy about 4.5GB of large files from a GUID partition to an SATA disk.  I restarted copyhandler a few times and it would allow me to resume the copy for 15 seconds or so before crashing.  After a few restarts, it crashes immediately after the "destination file found" dialog. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist. 

-orn

Ixen

Thanks for the files. I don't know if I would be able to check it today because of the long weekend that starts tomorrow :) However I will certainly look at it when I get back.

ornwilson

No worries, I'm just happy to have it to use on my other computers. 

Enjoy the weekend! 

ornwilson

Hello,
I'm just checking back: Has any progress has been made on this issue? 

I just got a couple new 1.5T drives for me server and would love to reliably copy some data. 

Thanks

-orn

Ixen

Hi,
I'm really sorry for taking so long to take care of this problem. I have fixed it today and it commited it to the svn repository along with some other fixes. The fix should be available with the nearest Copy Handler.

Regards,
Ixen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk