SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Performance Issue

Started by MCA, March 02, 2008, 05:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCA

Hi there:

Thanks for your dev efforts.

You CopyHandker is a very nice program, but I am sorry to report I don't use it. This is on account of the fact that it's bellow my expectations as regards performance. Just for the sake of comparison, pay a visit to http://supercopier.sfxteam.org/modules/mydownloads/index.php?sel_lang=english, download Supercopier and give it a shot. You'll be surprised! Unfortunately, I don't use it also, since one of its modules is reported to be a trojan by some antiviruses, and this seems to be confirmed by its weird behaviour and the strange consequences that apparently stems from installing and using it. A very real pity this one. If it were not for that, I would certainly adopt it as my default program of this kind.

There is also another one similar to yours that may catch your interest, for a reason. Here: http://www.ipmsg.org/tools/fastcopy.html (FastCopy)

Feel free to drop me a few lines of comment or whatever.

Regards.

Ixen

Hello,
What can I say about this... you have the right to choose programs you use. Also, you did not mention what really disappoints you regarding programs performance, which would be the thing I am most interested in.

Regards.

MCA

Sorry, don't take the previous post as gratuitous criticism. It's not. I had no intention of diminishing the value of your work and efforts. I should have been more specific. By performance, I meant the maximum relatively lower copy/move rates it's able to achieve when compared to those of SuperCopier. This unpretentious and not technically based comparison is just intended to draw your attention to the "problem" and maybe get you to eventually come up with an even better program, one that could beat SuperCopier file copy/move performance. Please, note that I said in my previous post that SuperCopier seems to hold malware (which makes it unusable, at least for me), while your program apparently is clean and meant for good.

Regards.

Ixen

Thanks for the info :)
It would be nice to get some more informations - what sort of files you've copied (many small, a few large or a mix of everything), if you did perform some comparison tests (I mean with a clock in your hand and rebooting between tests) or just copied one files with SC and then with CH or the other way.
I am aware that in some situations CH is not the daemon of speed - I hope I will have enough time sometime to push the development further. There should be newer version of CH soon, but no significant improvements in the copying engine will be included.

MCA

Hi:

By the way, that which I most like about your program is the smart GUI. Really great.

No, buddy, unfortunately, the "comparison" I made was entirely visual: no special performance measuring software or whatever else was used for this. All I can honestly say for sure is that, not only in comparison to yours, but to other programs of this kind as well, Supercopier takes the cake as the fastest program for copying/moving files, even when this comparison is made only through the eye sight. IMHO, this can be easily concluded by the considerably less time Supercopier takes in copying/moving file operations, whether the files involved are small or huge ones.

Anyway, if I happen to eventually find out the means for this and have an opportunity to achieve more accurate and reliable performance comparison, I'll gladly let you know about this through feedback, so as to try and help you in implementing programming improvements into your Copyhandler.

Kind regards and good luck.

MCA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk